Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 11:03 +0200, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
There's no intention to support pull requests or to depend in any way
in this service, this is just a nice-to-have to serve the GitHub's
community and user base.
My concern is that with no way to disable pull requests, potential
contributors will submit them and get discouraged when they are ignored.
This could be very confusing to a potential contributor who finds the
code on GitHub and isn't familiar with our development flow.  This might
outweigh the benefit of putting code on GitHub at all (since we seem to
have disabled all GitHub's useful features).

I do see pull request merges popping up [1] but I suppose those are
handled manually if the GitHub mirror is read-only?

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-music/log/