Re: New libgtop maintainer

Il giorno dom, 11/08/2013 alle 06.45 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre ha
scritto:

So, I wonder if it makes sense to stop generating libgtop and instead
just focus on a solid, easily understood codebase. I never really
understood why we had a client/daemon split, either; it doesn't seem
that we're doing anything too fancy on either side. Is it that we
require root for reading some of the files? Should we move to a system
DBus service instead?

I think that root access is required if we want to implement monitoring
of:
  * per process disk activity (à la iotop)
  * per process network usage (à la nethogs)

That said, a DBus service should be perfectly fine for these features.