New libgtop maintainer

Hello everyone,

Matthias Clasen (mclasen) asked me to write and let you know that I will
be taking over the maintenance of libgtop.

libgtop is the library used by System Monitor and Control Center (if you are a developer of an application using libgtop, please let me know) to query system information, but unfortunately the development has stalled, the last release has happened in 2011, almost two years ago.

My goals for the 3.12 cycle (as we're getting close to the 3.9 freeze, only for the next cycle) are to review the buglist of the module, and extend it to provide library support for various gnome-system-monitor enhancement requests, but in the meantime keep it simple and fast enough to back the upcoming Usage application.

Thanks for reading,

Robert
--
Robert Roth