Re: New libgtop maintainer

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Robert Roth <robert roth off gmail com> wrote:

My goals for the 3.12 cycle (as we're getting close to the 3.9 freeze, only
for the next cycle) are to review the buglist of the module, and extend it
to provide library support for various gnome-system-monitor enhancement
requests, but in the meantime keep it simple and fast enough to back the
upcoming Usage application.

Tbh, I think it would be good to start out by reevaluating the
rationale for this library. Do we really need it anymore ? What data
does g-s-m get from it ? For storage-related data, gio has probably
encroached into the territory already. For other data, libgtop is
mostly a thin wrapper of /proc, iirc.

I could be wrong, of course.