Re: Feature proposal: combined system status menu

Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
Rather, what I'd like to point out is that, in my opinion, this needs more
thinking through before going straight to shipping.
I mean, I trust the design team and I value your experience in the field,
but this is another radical change, and it's quite different from our
competitors.

I don't think anybody will argue against doing careful design and
testing, but I don't think this particular argument holds much water.
Quite the contrary, this all-in-one status menu is quite similar to
what you find eg on the Android-based Galaxy Note.

It also has similarities with ChromeOS and WebOS...

Allan