Management Tools used by Gnome project

Hello everybody,

I'm gathering information about how free software projects are managed
and I'll be thankful if someone can explain briefly which technologies
are used by Gnome.

As far as I know, there's no special project management software in use.

I do know some tools: The GnomeLive wiki, mailing lists, IRC channels,
developer manuals, git repositories, but I don't see things from the
prject manager point of view. How is this huge project really managed
and maintained? Which tools are used, and for what purposes?