Re: Two 3.10 feature ideas

I am new to this list, but I would like to suggest one idea today.   For 3.10 I would like [:::] to be relocated to the top panel next to Activity.  That would save two mouse clicks.

As for mouse clicks consider this (3.8 version)

click Activity--»Activity (program not in favourites)
Scroll

Six Mouse Clicks to launch a program is way too many, By putting the [:::] to the panel, we could save 2 or more mouse clicks.

Justification
I was doing some heavy testing, filling up completely the frequent grouping. As we know, the frequent grouping is the dynamic favourites.  At the same time I began getting tendonitus from all the left mouse button work.  Has someone thought that it should not ever require six mouse clicks to start a rarely used application?

request 2,

Provide a way to purge entries in frequent.  If I accidently enter an application, it gets automatically posted to the Frequent side. How to I purge it?

As this is my first posting, please advise me if I am writing to the correct development list? If it is wrong, or you would like clarificant

With 3.6, we had catagories on the right side (consider right side of ALL as in 3.8) Can those categories be reintroduced for ALL?

And since I am remembering things, will we be able one day to tag our applications by a keyword, such as  NewYork (for applications related to NY), or for any viable tag name.
The tagging kind of offers subsetting and faster access time for a subset of icons.

Regards

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
50 years in Information Technology and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.
mailto:lsatenstein yahoo com
alternative: leslie satenstein gmail com
SENT FROM MY OPEN SOURCE LINUX SYSTEM.