Re: High Resolution Gnome

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Jason Simanek <jsimanek gmail com> wrote:

> Here is what I have done so far which has given me the desired cursor size
> (32px) on some of my system's GUI:
>
> 1  Dconf editor: org/gnome/desktop/interface > cursor-size: 32

This should be the only change you need, really.

> 2  sudo gedit /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/index.theme > CursorSize=32

This is a leftover from when we let you mix and choose theme
components in the control-center.  I don't think anything uses it,
nowadays.

> 3  sudo gedit /usr/share/icons/DMZ-Black/index.theme > CursorSize=32

No idea who would read this, certainly nothing in GNOME.

> 4  gedit ~/.Xresources > Xcursor.size: 32
> 5  sudo gedit /root/.Xresources > Xcursor.size: 32

No idea about this one; maybe helps if you run xterm...

> Even with all of these changes I still see the 16px cursor on the Gnome
> Shell Overlay, over my desktop, using Nautilus... probably some other
> places.

>From my quick reading, the shell should pick up the same cursor theme
as gtk applications, but I could missing something...