PhoneGap apps in Gnome?

Hi,

My name is Jorge and I'm a gnome user from Barcelona. Thank you for
your amazing work!

I'm not sure if this is the right list to send this message so excuse
me in case this is not.

I recently began to read a book [1] about PhoneGap (Apache Cordova)
framework [2] . If you don't know it, it's an open source framework to
write mobile applications using HTML5, CSS and JavaScript.

How it works:
* The app is a local html5 page where javascript is used to create the
UI (for example with jquery) and to interact with remote web services
to manage data (ex. connect to a Facebook account and download/upload
photos, ...).
* The framework provides a javascript api to access to the hardware
devices (camera, accelerometer, ...)
* The final app runs in a fullscreen web browser, using the native
webview of the platform (usually webkit)
* The same code can be packaged for Android, iOS and lots of other
mobile platforms.
* There is an online paid Build Service to automate builds.

I was thinking that Gnome (GnomeOS) could be a target platform for
running PhoneGap applications, so thousand of apps [3] could be ready
to be deployed on this platform. There is a Tizen port in progress[4],
but I don't know if some parts could be reused...

What do you think about this idea?

Regards,
Jorge

[1] http://www.apress.com/9781430239031