Re: Requiring systemd for the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin

William Jon McCann wrote:

> I agree with you that we need to have a motive to change and that
> costs should be weighed carefully. We can make the case.

The objection Colin expressed was about the method; and on that
matter, frankly, we are making a good job in alienating active members
of our community, to the point our "GNOME is people" is no more but a
slogan.[1]

We have active members using Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, OpenBSD,
whatever, for whatever *good* reasons, and more often than not they
will have nothing to do with GNOME.

You may not want to compromise with code, I want to compromise with
people, this definitely takes longer, this takes emails, this takes
discussions, this is in my opinion important.

And this certainly doesn't mean we are not going forward.

        Fred

[1] let's wait for somebody to register gnomeispeople.org and put a
    big "no, it's not" on it...