Re: 3.8 "feature": Drop or Fix Fallback Mode

>  https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointSeven/Features/DropOrFixFallbackMode

As a user I would vote for still shipping fallback mode for a couple more
releases.  Though personally I finally made the switch to gnome-shell last week,
I think many other people are still using alternative window managers
(eg XMonad, etc) that only work with fallback mode.

If fallback works and is not much of a maintenance burden when why not
keep it around a bit longer?  Maybe one step would be to support it
only as a separate legacy xsession and not something that could be forced
on in gnome-control-center?  A softer deprecation process.

I actually kind of wish the Mate developers had picked up gnome3
fallback mode rather than gnome2 since it seems a lot better to me:
for example gnome3 fallback's notification handling is rather good.
(BTW it took me over a year to discover that Alt+RightClick (or +Super)
on gnome-panel still gives one a panel menu... :-/)

Jens