Re: GCalctool renamed to GNOME Calculator

2012/11/15 Jeremy Bicha <jbicha ubuntu com>
On 13 November 2012 21:49, Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com> wrote:
> I have renamed the GCalctool project to "GNOME Calculator" with the first
> release being 3.7.1 (we can now follow the GNOME numbering). The git module
> is now gnome-calculator (please now update translations/documentation there)
> and bugzilla will soon be moved to gnome-calculator.

Hey, when we do renames like this, should we also add a Keywords entry
to the .desktop so that people that try to type in gcalc… still find
the calculator they are used to?

Sounds like a good idea.

Also, my wife has the calculator pinned to her dash so, I expect when
she upgrades that "favorite" will disappear. That's something for
distro packagers to do some gsettings/dconf magic to help migrate,
right?

 that would be a something for session-migration [1], I guess.

Michael

[1] http://blog.didrocks.fr/post/Announcing-session-migration-now-in-ubuntu
universe are pointed away from Earth?