Re: Finding and debugging the battery "applet" in GNOME 3.4 fallback mode

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin langhoff gmail com> wrote:
I am trying to characterize a bug in OLPC's development builds (based
on F17) where the battery icon "applet" is out of sync with upower.

Where is it controlled from? Under gnome-shell, it is
/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/status/power.js , but I've failed to find
the fallback equivalent.

It's in gnome-settings-daemon, see http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-settings-daemon/tree/plugins/power/gsd-power-manager.c

Florian