Re: 3.6 Feature: Lock Screen

----- Original Message -----

This is by design - the current implementation is just to have the computer go blank and save energy. I'm not sure if any picture frame mode will be added in later.

> How could it be integrated with the proposed design? Would
> customization of the lock screen be possible? Maybe a rotating
> background with a more transparent clock?

The shield presented by the lock screen when the user becomes active is intended for showing information about the music playing or notifications received to the user. The authentication screen is intended to allow the user to log in. If the user becomes idle again without logging in, the screen will become blank again after some short period of time. So the design of the lock screen would not include any distracting background. If desired, the customization would be possible with the help of extensions.