Re: API documentation from introspection data
- From: Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org>
- To: Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu tomeuvizoso net>
- Cc: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: API documentation from introspection data
- Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:33:31 +0000
2012/1/27 Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org>
Just for the record, I've started coding a small django app in github to see how far can I get with regards a richer API reference web interface.
I'm reusing Mikkael Kampstrup's giraffe AST code for GIR and I'm translating that to a django data model (SQL) structure.
There are two features missing from both devhelp and the current online API reference that I'm interested in achieving:
- Figuring out properties/methods/signals from parent classes or interfaces inline (collapsed initially)
- Figuring out which methods/signals use a given type as argument, or which classes/interfaces as properties
I think that a dynamic approach is much more interesting than the current statically generated one. And quite frankly, as it stands right now, it's not
Clicked Sent by accident.
I was going to say I'm not too far from getting the whole thing to a decent state, though I will need help to make the frontend pretty.
Further down the line, I also want to provide amendments to the documentation and have a contribution queue. And I also want to allow comments for people to submit code examples.
2012/1/27 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu tomeuvizoso net>
Shaun, do you have anything to say about this branch?
On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 23:30, Colin Walters <walters verbum org
> On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 14:17 +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>> in a bit less than a month from now there will be a hackfest on
>> documentation in Brno . Has anybody done any further work since
>> Berlin in generating API documentation in the Mallard format from the
>> GIR files?
> I don't think so...I'm not sure what state the work is in. Probably the
> first TODO item is to generate a TODO =) It's really great to hear
> you're looking at this!
Is it the way to go in your opinion or should we make a change in the direction?
] [Thread Prev