Re: API documentation from introspection data

Hello guys,

Just for the record, I've started coding a small django app in github to see how far can I get with regards a richer API reference web interface.
I'm reusing Mikkael Kampstrup's giraffe[1] AST code for GIR and I'm translating that to a django data model (SQL) structure.

There are two features missing from both devhelp and the current online API reference that I'm interested in achieving:
- Figuring out properties/methods/signals from parent classes or interfaces inline (collapsed initially)
- Figuring out which methods/signals use a given type as argument, or which classes/interfaces as properties

I think that a dynamic approach is much more interesting than the current statically generated one. And quite frankly, as it stands right now, it's not

[0] https://github.com/aruiz/GDN
[1] https://launchpad.net/giraffe

2012/1/27 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu tomeuvizoso net>
On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 23:30, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 14:17 +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in a bit less than a month from now there will be a hackfest on
>> documentation in Brno [0]. Has anybody done any further work since
>> Berlin in generating API documentation in the Mallard format from the
>> GIR files?
>
> I don't think so...I'm not sure what state the work is in.  Probably the
> first TODO item is to generate a TODO =)  It's really great to hear
> you're looking at this!

Shaun, do you have anything to say about this branch?

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gobject-introspection/log/?h=mallard-templates

Is it the way to go in your opinion or should we make a change in the direction?

Thanks,

Tomeu