Re: File Transfers in Shell Panel

On 01/22/2012 09:33 AM, Salomon Sickert wrote:
IMHO the new "transfers" design fits much better into the new GNOME
experience.

If the "new transfers" design is this:

<https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards/Transfers>

that seems to explicitly exclude the use of a file manager. Which is nice and all, but the reality is that file managers are still very useful and necessary tools. My little mockup addresses a problem that exists with how Nautilus currently presents file transfer information.

Should I be talking directly to the Nautilus developers? Are the Gnome developers more focused on this, er, "future with no file manager" desktop model?

Thanks.

Jason Simanek