Re: [gnome-settings-daemon] datetime: Remove datetime D-Bus mechanism

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 08:47:28AM -0500, Ryan Lortie wrote:
> Many of our own end-users will still want to install GNOME 3.4 onto
> their Ubuntu systems (myself included).  I look forward to the mention
> in our release notes about how they can no longer change their time
> because we wanted to delete a bit of code.

FWIW and IMO, this is a packaging issue. If you want to provide GNOME
3.4, you'll need to ensure you have the right functionality in your
OS/distribution.

I'm not sure in above quote when you refer to GNOME or when to Ubuntu.
However, I don't see the relevance of mentioning Ubuntu in the GNOME 3.4
release notes. If you want to provide GNOME 3.4, there are certain
requirements and they sometimes change.

We should work together and reach out though to affected parties... and
IMO well known that I/release team could improve on that. Fortunately
3.4 is not out yet.

--
Regards,
Olav