Re: API documentation from introspection data

Em Thu, 2012-02-23 às 20:27 +0000, Alberto Ruiz escreveu:
> Well, this is not quite true Stefan,
>

> Right now if you want to contribute to the docs you have to do quite a
> bit of work (git+bugzilla workflow), even if you do this everyday, it
> can be quite annoying and distracting to stop everything that you are
> doing to ammend documentation (opening a bug request, describing it,
> coming up with the patch, uploading it).

>From my own experience, this wouldn't help too much. The problem isn't
contributing the patch, once you know where to contribute it but, if I
were to encounter a bug in docs in devhelp on my local system:
- check whether the problem still exists in the latest version (there's
no link to the upstream/online/latest version)
- check which actual file contains the text/bug
- figure out the syntax to make it say what we want (mark a portion of
text as code, link to another object, etc.)

If the bug reporting is automated, the 2nd and 3rd item will be taken
care of, and they need to be.

FWIW, one of the biggest gripes I have with the HTML docs is broken
links to various types. I end up being taken to a website (usually at
the wrong URL) when I intend to read docs about a GType locally.

Cheers