gnome desktop

I think Gnome should have a word under each icon so I do not have to guess  what the picture is. After all an icon is just a picture.  And you should not have to point to that icon to see that word. For this reason Gnome 2 is a much better lay out than Windows 7.  But Windows 8 is a better layout than Gnome 3 for the very same reason.   Remember , the first priority is to make the program easy to learn.
Other than that you all do a super excelent job.