Re: build.gnome.org

Yeah; my goal for that buildbot was just to monitor and fix build failures, and ostree is much better at that - for application development, jhbuild is still the recommended option and is much easier to setup.

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Giovanni Campagna <scampa giovanni gmail com> wrote:
2012/12/30 Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net>:
> Can we just redirect build.gnome.org to ostree.gnome.org ?
>
> Having it build apps or something like that on top of its root tree as a
> separate build process would be nice.

FWIW, I'm currently testing building core apps with ostree, as well as
fixing ostree enough to be dogfoodable for me. I'll report back when I
have it finished, but so far it seems to work.
However, there is still a value in keeping jhbuild running, as
application development with jhbuild is a lot faster than
ostree/ostbuild, in particular given the "setup costs" of building the
entirety of gnomeos just to get running. This until we have an SDK and
application story...

Giovanni