Re: Rules for design in Gnome

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 20:51, Jason D. Clinton <me jasonclinton com> wrote:

> My question to you would be, why didn't agreement ever get reached? Why,
> four years later, are we still arguing about desktop activity? I see a
> failure of cooperation; not of the design team's but rather of the whole
> project's.

Wonder if besides improving in-project cooperation, we shouldn't make
it easier as well for people with diverging ideas to prove that they
are right.

I see how it can be a problem for the GNOME brand if individual
distros ship too big modifications to the upstream, official GNOME
releases, but giving the chance to people to push forward their ideas
if they believe in them has also its value.

Innovation happens as convergence after divergence, if we stress the
first too much, our capacity to innovate slows down.

Regards,

Tomeu