Re: 3.6 Feature: IBus/XKB integration
- From: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- To: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: 3.6 Feature: IBus/XKB integration
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:43:10 +0100
On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 09:28 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 14:22 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > The Compose key is defined in the layouts. What is being dropped is the
> > ability to override that.
> I don't know of a physical keyboard layout that has a Compose key.
> So are we just deciding that one of the keys will always behave
> differently than the printed keycap?
> I suppose if you use a modifier key (R_Alt seems popular) then it
> can still function as a modifier as well as Compose, though that
> will interact poorly with sticky keys.
The usual compose key for Western European keyboards is Alt-Gr. That's
just one more data point to add to that whole list.
] [Thread Prev