Re: 3.6 Feature: IBus/XKB integration

2012/4/24 Rui Tiago Cação Matos <tiagomatos gmail com>:
> 2012/4/24 Sergey Udaltsov <sergey udaltsov gmail com>:
>> (the option "layout per window is must have).
>
> Why is it a must have? I don't think it makes much sense actually.

I can confirm that "layout per window" is critical. I frequently
switch between windows where I am mainly typing in English to windows
where I am mainly typing in Russian. If you force me to manually
switch layouts every time I switch window focus, you would be forcing
me to go through an additional unnecessary mental context switch.

Before starting to design a new UI for a feature, one should interview
several existing heavy users of the feature and observe how they work.
Have the designers of the new ibus/xkb input method switcher done so?

-Alexandre Rostovtsev.