Re: Rules for design in Gnome

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 10:58 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 10:54 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Hello Federico,
> >
> > Em Mon, 2012-04-23 às 20:58 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero escreveu:
> > <snip>
> >
> > From http://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct
> > "Assume people mean well"
>
> Federico made no statements as to anybody's intentions or motivations.
>
> For reference, this is is what it looks like when you assume somebody
> doesn't mean well:
>
>   "Person X did Y wrong BECAUSE he/she is evil."
>
> This, however, is just a disagreement about what a person did:
>
>   "Person X did Y wrong."
>
> We have to be able to disagree with people's actions and to discuss
> those disagreements publicly. If we can't, our community dies.

I'm sorry, but thinly veiled insults are still insults.

--8<--
From: Maître D'
Subject: Spitting in the soup

The kitchen staff IS NOT welcome to:

* Spit in the soup
--8<--

"I didn't say you spat in the soup"

Trying to hide the fact that Federico was venting for whatever reason
isn't going to help keep this community any more healthy.

FWIW, I'm not going to comment on the ludicrous demands being formulated
until we hear from the person who started this thread.