Re: Rules for design in Gnome

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 10:54 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Hello Federico,
>
> Em Mon, 2012-04-23 às 20:58 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero escreveu:
> <snip>
>
> From http://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct
> "Assume people mean well"

Federico made no statements as to anybody's intentions or motivations.

For reference, this is is what it looks like when you assume somebody
doesn't mean well:

  "Person X did Y wrong BECAUSE he/she is evil."

This, however, is just a disagreement about what a person did:

  "Person X did Y wrong."

We have to be able to disagree with people's actions and to discuss
those disagreements publicly. If we can't, our community dies.

--
Shaun