Re: Rules for design in Gnome

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Federico Mena Quintero
<federico gnome org> wrote:
> The design team IS NOT welcome to:
>
> * Second-guess maintainers or well-intentioned contributors.

Surely the Design Team is also composed of well intentioned
contributors that only want the best for Gnome and do not deserve this
kind of attack?

> Basically:
>
> * We don't have a hierarchy in Gnome.  You don't get to say what other
>  people may develop.  The release team is our final sanity check so
>  that we don't ship non-working garbage.  If you are a module
>  maintainer you get to set the rules within that module, and nowhere
>  else, and other people can fork you as they please.

This does not seem compatible with an email that says "Rules for
design in Gnome", followed by a list of things people CAN and CANNOT
do. Unless the whole thing is one long joke, and not a very funny one.

Xan