Re: Module Proposal: Zeitgeist

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 08:33:43PM -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> What about you want to use a new technology but you don't want any new
> features but rather using this new external dependency will simpifiy things
> and making maintainance easier?  I suppose that itself is the feature?
> Easier maintenance?

That's #3 actually; propose a new external dependency (same as you do
when you want to increase a new one).

I know the process is still imperfect (e.g. I think we didn't do a
feature request announcement yet, we should clearly announce which ones
are 'accepted' + should've monitored the progress on accepted features).
Result is that it that the 'rules' are unclear. I think in the end
focussing on features instead of external dependencies is better. But
I think the thought is still underway.

Risk for the feature focus is that the external dependencies "rules" are
forgotten. E.g. I noticed that gnome-boxes increased its libosinfo
version requirement in 3.4.1. That's not so nice when distribution is in
a version freeze.

--
Regards,
Olav