Re: Splitting gnome-utils for 3.4

Den 28-09-2011 18:13, Cosimo Cecchi skrev:
On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 18:03 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:

Not sure if possible, but can you ensure the new git repositories aren't
too big in size? E.g. try and purge stuff that doesn't belong.

Forgot to mention this in the previous mail, but I made sure the
repositories have no stale old stuff in them. I purged all the
tags/branches and ran extensive GC on the filtered repos.
If you clone the repos from github, you'll see they're pretty small
indeed, with most of the space being taken up by the translation .po
files.

Speaking of size of po-files. As we have already established, bringing translation over should be relatively easy, since by copying them over and updateing, the relevant translations will be kept and the rest will become obsoletes. But maybe this would be a good time to also strip all the obsoletes after the update, since there will be many strings there that we don't seriously hope to reuse, since they were from different modules.

Regards Kenneth

Thanks,
Cosimo