Re: GNOME 3.3 Schedule Draft

Shaun McCance wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 14:42 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > A draft for the GNOME 3.3 schedule is available at
> >
> >         https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointThree#Schedule
> >
> > Comments are welcome; Silence means compliance.
>
> I notice there's no longer a feature freeze. I was going to propose
> a change to our UI freeze policy, but my proposal involved feature
> freeze, and it's gone. Intentional?

It's intentional, the release team decides on new features, we'll do
this early (week 6), and this cycle we will try to be more active,
getting regular status updates on the different features).

But this doesn't encompass all developments happening in GNOME, but a
set of "major user visible (and marketable) changes, typically
affecting several modules, in need of some consensus, and a person to
lead the change.". For other features we will keep on pushing for
people to publish roadmaps, but it's simply not possible to forbid
other developments happening.

        Fred