Re: GNOME 3 panel applets

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 8:03 AM, Narek Babadjanyan <babaj96 gmail com> wrote:
I have read that the fallback mode is not actively developed, and besides that who needs fallback if graphics card's drivers are fully supported (at least in my case it's so), so you are right, I'm talking about the gnome-shell-extensions.

Have you tried using some of the alternative panels out there?  docky and awn are great alternatives.  I use docky myself since GNOME Shell doesn't support ssh'ing to hosts (yet).   So there is plenty of room for other utilities that you can use.

sri

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 08:25:16PM +0530, Narek Babadjanyan wrote:
> Hello, hackers! I have recently installed a package gnome-panel-devel and I
> would like to know if it supports GNOME 3's panel, if no :'( , and if yes,
> could you please tell me where is the appropriate documentation?

What do you want to use it for?

GNOME 3 = GNOME shell. It has extensions, but those are not standard.
Why do you want to add a panel to it? Perhaps someone has a good
solution for your problem.. (or not, but need to know first:)

The panel as known from GNOME 2 is still available in the fallback mode.
You can still develop for it, but I think with your email you're talking
about GNOME shell, correct?
--
Regards,
Olav