Re: Feature proposal: Information-efficient text-entry interface, driven by natural continuous pointing gestures

Le samedi 22 octobre 2011 à 20:15 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> I think this is problematic. Dasher will face the same problems that a
> standalone OSK faces - can't use it in the shell overview, can't use
> it on the login screen, etc. If we want to bring back dasher-like
> alternate input, it should ideally be integrated in the shell OSK, so
> it works everywhere, and can benefit from improvements that are made
> to make the OSK work better (such as moving windows out from
> underneath the OSK).

Fully agreed. Dasher is awesome, but has always lacked integration to
the desktop. What we need is not dasher back in the modulesets; it is
dasher’s functionality integrated right into the shell.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :