Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v6)

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 05:15:37PM +0100, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> Provocative question: is there any way that some unbiased survey would
> change the emphasis of development from gnome-shell to the fallback mode?
> And increase the configurability and so on.. Or - the current strategy is
> unchangeable (unfalsifiable), regardless?

See the release notes of 3.2. Feedback is used.

Note: I care about feedback, not about surveys. That is just one
of many ways to get feedback. I think that has been discussed to death
already.

Regarding fallback:
At the moment, it seems almost noone is using fallback mode. As such, I
don't think the current efforts made into fallback more will continue
for too long. Usage seems to be minimal. But not a lot of distributions
have GNOME 3 yet, so it is also a bit early to tell.
--
Regards,
Olav