Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]

Le vendredi 13 mai 2011 à 17:28 +0200, Gendre Sebastien a écrit :
> And if we more summarize: They don't want to have too much of redundant
> panels for same features and with different UI logic. They prefer to
> have 1 panel with some different back-end.
>
> I don't think this way is bad.

It is a very good approach, but I’m afraid forcing it fails the reality
check. Until you reach a state where everything a downstream user might
need is available in a correct way in the control center, it sounds
better to let downstreams add a few more things to it rather than
leaving them without a place for these extra settings.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :