Re: Online Accounts panel for 3.2

On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 11:16 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> One thing you can do here, is that if you can't use the OAuth token
> (because of the infrastructure issues you mention), you can just ask
> the user for the password yourself and maintain it yourself (e.g.
> store it in gnome-keyring and update it yourself and so on).
>
> Once you've tweaked your code to use the OAuth token that we provide
> (say, in 3.4), you can just switch to that and life should be good.

Yup, agreed.

> Not so sure what syncing means here? The way I'd like to see this work
> is that Evo just listens to what accounts are defined in GOA and
> display them if you know how to use them. If you don't know how to use
> an account, well, then don't display it. Keep in mind that GOA is
> highly dynamic and accounts can come and go at any time.
>
> Does that sound reasoable?

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant by sync.  Just a passive listener that
knows how to build Evo accounts from GOA accounts.

I'm also wondering if we should somehow lock down GOA-based accounts in
Evolution to prevent the user from deleting it through Evolution or
changing certain essential details like the host name.  I guess that's
for us to figure out.  Is Empathy planning to do something similar?