Re: Fix gsettings path to use /org/gnome instead /apps
- From: Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com>
- To: Luca Ferretti <lferrett gnome org>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Fix gsettings path to use /org/gnome instead /apps
- Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:48:08 +1100
1) Where is it defined what format the path is supposed to be in?
2) What about migration of settings from the old path to the new path?
On 25 March 2011 09:41, Luca Ferretti <lferrett gnome org> wrote:
> Flash news from release team to our all brave developers.
> A member of release team known as *cough*Luca Ferretti*cough* was sure
> gsettings PATHs and gsettings IDs were the same, so he was also sure all
> GNOME 3 core apps were using the proper path. So he never sent any
> notice or filed bug report...
> But we don't want to blame his errors, we want to have a fine tuned
> GNOME 3 Desktop. A quick grep shows about 15 basic modules using the
> wrong PATH. Patches are available here.
> No string changes, no code changes, no UI changes (except paths showed
> in dconf-editor, but this is totally undocumented by now), and hard code
> freeze exception yet pre-approved.
> If you have no time to commit, I'll be glad to help you, just ask on irc
> (elle.uca) or reply here.
> Next step: do the same on non-core modules, but I suppose we can work on
> it during 3.2 timeline.
> Cheers, Luca
>  http://paste.ubuntu.com/584321/
>  http://people.gnome.org/~lferrett/patch/
>  actually it misses a patch for org.gnome.packagekit.gschema.xml
> desktop-devel-list mailing list
> desktop-devel-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev