Re: GNOME 3.2 ideas and plans

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 18:00 +0100, Gendre Sebastien wrote:

> Le mardi 22 mars 2011 à 17:13 +0100, Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> > It would be nice to have some level of integration with web
> > applications
> > in the desktop. For instance, I would like to update my facebook
> > status
> > or tweet easily via the user status menu in the shell. I would also
> > like
> > facebook message notification with the message tray, and facebook
> chat
> > support.
>
> For these points:
> - I see, in Gnome Planet, that a Gnome-Contact-Center is planned for
> Gnome 3.2. This app may get status of your contact in Twitter,
> FaceBook,
> etc, and notify you by message tray.

Hmm. I'm not sure if it best name - probably it should be somehow
similar to 'Accounts' tab for Android (I'm not sure how it is dealt with
in iOS/Windows Mobile).
Possibly it would be better to call it web accounts. Say:

 - Google account adds IMAP server and calendars to Evolution, GTalk to
empathy etc. (depending on which is activated)
 - Facebook adds chat to empathy, feed to pino/gwibber/...
 - Dropbox adds place to gvfs
 - Twitter/identi.ca adds feed to pino/gwibber

Regards