Re: GNOME 3.2 ideas and plans

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 19:11 +0000, Martyn Russell wrote:
> On 22/03/11 16:39, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 17:13 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> >> And I'm sure there are many other small integration points that may be
> >> useful:
> >> * Easily share pictures on flickr/facebook/etc
> >
> > That's what the new nautilus-sendto is supposed to do (it supports all
> > the sites supported by libsocialweb, which is a growing list), but it's
> > blocking on user accounts setup (as above).
> >
> > To allow browsing them after the fact, Grilo should be able to use the
> > accounts information from libsocialweb to get authenticated, and then
> > applications such as gthumb, shotwell or F-Spot can browse all the
> > images sources provided by Grilo.
>
> Forgive me, what's the difference between this and browsing images from
> Tracker which mines data from Flickr already?

Grilo is made to browse media, tracker isn't.

> I admit, the authentication part we do in Tracker would be better served
> if it wasn't our own solution and instead using the "Broadcast" accounts
> (as Ubuntu labels them) - if that's possible? Is this using libsocialweb?

Ubuntu's "Broadcast accounts" is Gwibber's preferences panel. It's not
integrated into the desktop. Tracker using libsocialweb for sign-on
would be a step in the right direction, but I still don't see why it
should index/mine websites I use to be honest.