Re: GNOME 3.2 ideas and plans

On 22/03/11 16:39, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 17:13 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
And I'm sure there are many other small integration points that may be
useful:
* Easily share pictures on flickr/facebook/etc

That's what the new nautilus-sendto is supposed to do (it supports all
the sites supported by libsocialweb, which is a growing list), but it's
blocking on user accounts setup (as above).

To allow browsing them after the fact, Grilo should be able to use the
accounts information from libsocialweb to get authenticated, and then
applications such as gthumb, shotwell or F-Spot can browse all the
images sources provided by Grilo.

Forgive me, what's the difference between this and browsing images from Tracker which mines data from Flickr already?

I admit, the authentication part we do in Tracker would be better served if it wasn't our own solution and instead using the "Broadcast" accounts (as Ubuntu labels them) - if that's possible? Is this using libsocialweb?

--
Regards,
Martyn