Re: Using .tar.xz only on ftp.gnome.org (was: install-module / ftp.gnome.org / master.gnome.org)

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 02:52:17PM +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> But mostly:

Forgot my blue sky idea that I've almost completed:
I'm working on automatically giving maintainers access to upload things
to ftp.gnome.org. Then we'd be able to give way more people the ability
to upload tarballs (everyone who is set as maintainer in a doap file).
That's ~125 additional people (from memory).

As it will be much easier to upload to ftp.gnome.org, we'll probably get
way more uploads.

Plan is that within 1 hour after adding some person in a doap file, the
person is able to upload tarballs. No manual steps (e.g. accounts team
or anything).

I expect more projects to use GNOME infra as a result (anyones pet
project will automatically have).

I hope that savings by having one format will be offset by the
additional usage.

--
Regards,
Olav