Re: Interested in GNOME on touchscreens?

On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 22:05 +0100, Florian Müllner wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 14:51 -0600, Brian Cameron wrote:
> > An on-screen keyboard GUI probably would not need to be coded
> > in Clutter to look well integrated with GNOME Shell, unless there is
> > some advantage to coding the GUI in JavaScript, I'd think.
>
> The main selling point for an on-screen keyboard implemented in GNOME
> Shell itself is not the look, but rather that it would work in the
> overview without jumping through hoops.

Well, beyond that, it would interact properly with all the UI elements.
E.g., if I'm responding to a chat from a notification that slides out
at the bottom of my screen, that notification needs to be moved up
above the onscreen keyboard when the onscreen keyboard is open.

- Owen