Re: On the Interaction with the design team

Le mercredi 01 juin 2011, à 13:33 +0100, Richard Hughes a écrit :
> On 1 June 2011 12:57, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> > Basically, mailing lists don't work for many kinds of productive discussion.
>
> Agreed. In my recent discussions with the dudes in #gnome-design there
> was a flurry of messages, perhaps as many as 200 back-and-forth
> discussions per hour. In that same hour, we iterated about 20
> screenshots and quite a few designers piled in with suggestions.
>
> You just can't get that kind of latency and interest level with a mailing list.

One thing that could be improved with mails, though, is communication
about the design after the iterative process on IRC you describe. Many
people would love to have a summary of the rationale of the design.

I'm aware this is sometimes (maybe even always) propagated to a wiki
page. But people still won't know about the wiki page if there's no
announcement about it.

(fwiw, I pretty much agree that defining a design on a mailing list
doesn't work well)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.