Re: Formal complaint concerning the use of the name "System Settings" by GNOME

Il giorno dom, 24/07/2011 alle 13.18 +0200, Markus Slopianka ha scritto:
> > Which is a KDE bug. You should use GNOME shortcuts when possible. I
> > mean, Gtk has emacs and Mac OS modes for keybindings, I doubt Qt hasn't
> > something similar.
>
> According to that reasoning of yours, all GNOME apps would have to follow the settings in
> KDE System Settings first (when running under KPW) before GNOME Control Center could even
> be rebranded as System Settings.
>
> So by your own standards: Fix those GNOME bugs first. ;-)

Which settings don't they follow? Apart from theme (as there is no gtk3
engine written in Qt yet), everything else in a Gtk+ app is taken from
XSettings, so is under the control of workspace daemons
(gnome-settings-daemon, kded).
As of 3.0, with the removal of libgnome, there are no GNOME apps, just
Gtk apps that are featured by the GNOME project or developed by GNOME
developers.

Giovanni