Re: Question about GNOME 3.0 bindings plans

Hi!

> No; gtkmm doesn't consume introspection as far as I know, and Vala is still
> using VAPI files.  There are various issues with both, the Vala and G-I
> is more actively communicated on topic, getting closer but it's difficult.

Speaking of gtkmm, gobject-introspection isn't that interesting as C++
is no dynamic language. It might be used to automate some of the binding
generation in the future but C++ often has features that lead to
improved APIs that differ significantly from the C API so there is no
real mapping between the two.

Still the C++ bindings are usually in a good shape and that doesn't
depend on introspection in any way.

Regards,
Johannes