Re: Question about GNOME 3.0 bindings plans

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 14:16 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Juanjo Marin <juanjomarin96 yahoo es> wrote:
> <snip>
>> > Are all these bindings will be gobject introspected bindings ?
>>
>> No; gtkmm doesn't consume introspection as far as I know, and Vala is still
>> using VAPI files.  There are various issues with both, the Vala and G-I
>> is more actively communicated on topic, getting closer but it's difficult.
>
> I don't think that's true any more. Totem has Vala plugins support[1]
> through Totem's own G-I bindings, and libpeas. So things work as you
> expect without any extra work.

Yes, I needed to be more precise.  We're mostly OK on the area of
doing .h -> .gir -> .vapi.  The problem area is more libraries written
in Vala with the full range of features that Vala has (nested
namespaces, generic container types, etc. etc.), and thus going the
reverse direction.