Re: My thoughts on fallback mode

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 10:54:59AM +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> Ever thought, that the attitude of the people above (especially Emanuelles
> arrogant "we allow you to choose another DE, that's the freedom we leave to
> you") might stop possible contributors from doing so?

He's a developer and he says what he works upon and what not.

People are always free to hack on other things, as what has been stated
multiple times. The focus for GNOME 3 is clear, if you want to do
something else, feel free. I am saying this as a release-team and
sysadmin member, so, really, feel free.

That said, if you want to participate in an existing project, you'll
have to follow why goals of the maintainer. They will sometimes have
different goals.

Arguing that developers such as Emmanuele should focus on your wishes
can be done, but please keep in mind that you'll need to convince
someone. E.g. annoying them or calling them arrogant is not helpful.
Especially when their goal/intention is just different.

--
Regards,
Olav

PS: http://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct (everyone has the best
intentions even when there are conflicting views)
PS2: Your user agent is breaking threads, which makes it a bit more
difficult to follow the discussion