Re: My thoughts on fallback mode

Subject: Re: My thoughts on fallback mode
Date: Tuesday 04 January 2011, 11:02:58
From: Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de>
To: Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org>

> > And: if critics are only allowed when providing patches, something isn't
> > right. Unless they don't accept that they are not infaillable, why should
> > they accept patches, as it's their mind and their decision that's
> > ultimate, not the contributors or (even worser) users?
>
> It's not about disallowing criticism. It's that the other side has
> already stated the very reason of the current state. It's the lack of
> resources.

My last statement in this regard:

Well the resources? No, I don't think so. The decision to disallow other WMs
was made in very early stages of GNOME-Shell, where enough resources were
available to write it in a way so that it can work with any WM.

Now there aren't enough resources to revert that.

Chris