Re: My thoughts on fallback mode

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 11:52:28PM -0800, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de
> > wrote:
>
> > So to summarize: As long as users accept what you want them to, it's ok,
> > else
> > they might go jump in the lake... Not that other Desktops fullfil users
> > wishes
> > by 100% but much more than GNOME3 will do.
> >

> I believe Olav has stated that applets will be returning in 3.2.  So why are
> you so adamant that they show up in the 3.0?  It was also stated that I
> believe that if applets were ported to 3.0 before release time that it would
> be considered.

Note: I was hoping/expecting someone would port gnome-applets around
GNOME 3.2 timeframe. No guarantee at all :)

Developers welcome and so on (though prefer people focussing on the
shell and related)

People have the freedom to hack on gnome-applets. But from a 'marketing'
standpoint, gnome-shell is the future. Hopefully this explanation is
better understood.

--
Regards,
Olav