Re: IRC channels in gnome development

On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 14:27 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
> It simply isn't true to say that we haven't made an effort to explain what we're doing. I explained many of the design considerations in my blog post [1] on this subject, and I did that precisely because I wanted to help people to be informed.
[snip]
> [1]
> http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/on-laptop-lids-and-power-settings/

Regardless of the merits of the specific issue, and while I'm thankful
that you are trying: That is an awful attempt at explaining anything.
You waffle at great length about the issue, basically just saying that
it's better because it's better, and then your actually say that you
"won’t for sake of brevity".

Sorry, but I can't find a nice way to say that your write poorly.
Filling a page with text is not the same as providing information.
Hand-waving and waffling is not ultimately convincing. I recommend
Strunk and White.

I wish I had the time to investigate and write this up properly myself
in a concise release-notes style, but I don't.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com