Re: IRC channels in gnome development

On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 02:52 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 05:25:08PM +0000, Maciej Piechotka wrote:
> > Could there be a recommendation against discussion of important
> > decisions on IRC? While I understand that it may slow down process
> > probably but it would improve developer-user relationships as well as
> > transparency and inclusiveness of process.
>
> We hold our release-team meetings on IRC and prefer to keep them on IRC.
>
> However, we make minutes and send them to the mailing list.

Great. However:

 - Which mailing list? There is no gnome-design list listed and on gnome
wiki there is only reference to gnome-shell mailing list. I am however
nearly sure it is neither d-d-l nor g-s.
 - Why noone in discussion pointed out the minutes with arguments to
complainers?

> Further, we
> discuss beforehand when a meeting will be held. Suggest that you propose
> such things.

I'm sorry but English is my second language and I'm afraid I haven't
understood last sentence.

Regards